You don't need to crack a book - experience Marshfield's historical stories at Marshfield Heritage Museum.
After years of preparation, the History of Marshfield Exhibition at the Marshfield Heritage Museum is open to the public (officially, November 13, 2021).
Start your trip though time with a walk through a log cabin, a modeled recreation of what served as they city’s first hotel.
What Can I See – Featured Exhibits:
- Great Marshfield Fire – Get a glimpse into the total devastation caused by the 1887, and see how it shaped Marshfield’s future
- St. Joseph’s School of Nursing – Detailed medical history of Marshfield’s St. Joseph’s Hospital, designed by the school’s former students (check out the iron lung display!)
- Roddis Clothing Collection – A fine display of clothing of its time, modeled beautifully on mannequins for optimal viewing
The exhibition also features segments on agriculture, theater history, hobos (yes, hobos!), and much more.
Where is the Museum?
The Marshfield Heritage Museum is conveniently located in the lower level of the 2nd Street Community Center, 211 E. Second Street in Marshfield (Map it). Check museum hours here.
Interested in Marshfield Military History?
- Check out the Lest We Forget military exhibition in the Marshfield Heritage Museum
- Drive to nearby Neillsville and spend time at the The Highground Veterans Memorial Park, a 155-acre staffed park includes pays tribute to the fallen and survivors for their service and their sacrifices.