Please read the full guidelines, qualification requirements, and applicant procedure before completing the application below.
Grant Program Guidelines
The purpose of the Visit Marshfield Grant Program is to support, foster, and promote events, attractions or activities that attract visitors from outside Wood/Marathon County. Visitors create economic impact by staying at local hotels, eating at restaurants, shopping, and spending money in our community.
The goal of this program is to assist tourism events or attractions to become established and self-supporting. Funding for subsequent years may be reduced and may dissolve after the third year. Visit Marshfield reserves the right to fund a project as a Legacy Grant (sustaining grant) if the project is deemed to have significant impact on tourism in the Marshfield area.
To Qualify for this Grant
- Provide information regarding how many overnight stays your event/attraction generates/may generate;
- You must set up group (room) blocks or group rates for events (Visit Marshfield can assist if necessary); (If additional help is needed to determine how to track the amount of overnight stays, please contact Visit Marshfield)
- There is a “3 year” award limit, and the award level may decrease over the 3 years, unless event is organized to increase out of town attendance, or a new visitor appeal is added;
- Only one (1) application may be submitted per organization;
- Applications that focus on marketing and promotion plans for events, multi-day events or attractions will be prioritized.
Procedure for Applicants
- The event organizer must submit a Grant Application to the Visit Marshfield Executive Director by Friday, May 21, 2021.
- Applicants must submit marketing details or visitor information with application.
- Applicants must target attendees OUTSIDE of Wood/Marathon County. The goal is to have at least 25- 50% of attendees from outside of our area.
- A Host Hotel(s) must be designated, with the organizer setting up a hotel room block prior to event. A “Grant Summary Form” and “Hotel Reservation Report” must be submitted to Visit Marshfield within 2 weeks following the conclusion of the event. Failure to do so may hinder additional grants.